Armed Security Guard
This position involves maintaining armed security posts and ensuring the safety of personnel, visitors, and property within various facilities located in the East Bay Area. Key work locations encompass Oakland and Richmond. The role may also require operations within a Control Center.
- Deliver robust security for various premises through perimeter surveillance, internal security checks, and screen monitoring.
- Ensure the safety of personnel and assets professionally.
- Interact tactfully and courteously with the public and visitors.
- Screen and process visitors efficiently and effectively.
- Identify, report, and manage individuals violating rules and regulations.
- Conduct both internal and external roving foot patrols.
- Manage traffic control as required.
- Maintain an exceptional detection rate on x-ray machine operations.
- Promptly detect and respond to alarms and emergencies.
- Secure entry and exit points during emergency situations.
- Administer key and lock combinations.
- Maintain constant communication and accessibility via two-way radio or company-issued cell phone.
- Comprehend and comply with all rules, plans, policies, and procedures.
- Observe and report all offenses/incidents.
- Complete all necessary reports and documentation.
- Provide first aid and CPR, and assist during emergencies as required.
- Be prepared to wear protective body armor as part of the uniform.
- Uphold training requirements mandated by company guidelines.
- Sustain physical fitness, agility standards, and weapons qualifications.
- Promote compliance with safety requirements and safe work practices.
- Support company safety initiatives.
- Participate in Quality and Process Improvement programs.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Regular, in-person attendance is a requisite.
Candidates must meet at least one of the following experience criteria:
- A minimum of two years of relevant armed experience within the last five years.
- Two years of service in the military or National Guard, culminating in an honorable discharge.
- Successful completion of a state-certified law enforcement education and training course or a standard police officer's training course.
- Minimum requirement of a High School diploma or equivalent from a U.S. accredited institution. Foreign education must be evaluated to comply with U.S. education standards.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with a valid social security card.
License and Certification Requirements:
- Possession of a current California Driver's License.
- Active BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit with a .40 Caliber endorsement or proof of an active firearm permit, with the capability to add a .40 caliber endorsement prior to the interview.
- Active BSIS Guard Card.
- BSIS Baton Permit.
- Red Cross or American Heart Association-certified Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED/First Aid certification. The certification must not be solely online and certifications from other training centers will not be accepted.
- OC Spray or Pepper Spray Certification or Permit.
Medical and Psychological Requirements:
- Must meet all medical and physical fitness standards.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must be able to successfully complete a psychological assessment.
Background Check and Training:
- Must pass background screening requirements.
- Successful completion of relevant training and certification programs.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Applicants must meet all outlined medical, physical, psychological, and drug test standards stipulated in the contract.
- The role requires some travel. Reimbursements will be provided for mileage incurred while traveling beyond the normal commuting distance.
- The position may require the lifting and carrying of cumbersome items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Job duties necessitate intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the duration of the workday.
- The role may entail exposure to outdoor conditions, including extreme temperatures and varying weather conditions.
- The work environment may be subject to high noise levels.
- Candidates must be capable of standing for extended periods, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders, walk up inclines, and navigate uneven terrain.
- The position may necessitate travel.