Armed Security Guard
Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel, visitors, and property of various buildings within the East Bay Area. Primary work locations include Oakland and Richmond. May also work in a Control Center.
- Provide security for various buildings by conducting perimeter security, internal security, monitoring screens, etc.
- Protect personnel and property in a professional manner
- Meet and deal tactfully and politely with the general public and visitors
- Effectively and efficiently screen and process visitors
- Identity, report, delay or detain persons who violate rules and regulations
- Conduct internal and external roving foot patrols
- Traffic control as necessary
- Ability to maintain excellent detection rate on x ray machine
- Detect and respond to alarms and emergencies
- Secure entrances and exits during emergencies
- Control keys and lock combinations
- Communicate and remain accessible via two-way radio or company-issued cellular phone
- Understand and comply with all requirements, plans, policies, and procedures.
- Observe and report all offenses/incidents
- Complete all reports and paperwork as required
- Provide first aid, and CPR, and assist during emergencies as necessary.
- Must be able to wear protective body armor as a part of the duty uniform.
- Maintain mandated training requirements by company guidelines.
- Maintain physical fitness, agility requirements, and weapons qualifications.
- Ensure safety requirements compliance and safe work practices.
- Support safety programs Participate in Quality and Process Improvement programs.
- Ability to acquire, and maintain, a security clearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, in-person attendance is required.
Possess at least one of the following experience criteria:
- Minimum of two years of armed experience within the past five years
- Two years of military or National Guard with an honorable discharge
- Successful completion of a state-certified law enforcement education and training or police officer's standard training course
- Must possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent from a U.S. Accredited School. Foreign education must be evaluated to meet U.S. education requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen with social security card
- Current CA Driver's License
- BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit with .40 Caliber or must be able to provide proof of active firearm permit and qualification to add .40 caliber to permit prior to an interview.
- BSIS Guard Card
- BSIS Baton Permit
- Red Cross or American Heart Association Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED/1st Aid Certification. Certification cannot be online only. Must be Red Cross or American Heart Association. Other training center certifications will not be accepted.
- OC Spray or Pepper Spray Certification or Permit
- Must meet all medical, physical, and drug test standards
- Must be able to pass a psychological assessment
- Meet background screening requirements.
- Successful completion of Training and certification.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must meet all medical, physical, psychological, and drug test standards as outlined in the contract
- Some travel is required. Mileage reimbursed for travel to areas outside of the scope of normal commute standards
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Travel may be required